POLICY OF THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF ENGLISH STUDIES/GUIDELINES FOR PUBLICATION
The Indian Journal of English Studies, an annual Peer-reviewed journal, is devoted to the cause of promoting original research in English language and literature. It is the representative voice of All India English Teachers' Association rechristened as Association for English Studies of India (AESI) in 2007. The major focus, though being Indian English literature and language, the journal also accepts innovative, original, unpublished thought- provoking, critical and scholarly articles on British, American, and Third World literatures comprising diasporic writings, women’s writing, culture, popular literature, translation studies, creative writing and many more.
The journal is published and released in December-January depending upon the conference schedule.
Those interested in getting their books reviewed are requested to send two copies of their books to the editor. The back issues of the journal can be read at http://www.aes-india.org/aesi_journals.html
About the Journal
- Name of the Journal: The Indian Journal of English Studies
- Launching Year : 1940
- ISSN Number: L 0537-1988
- Volumes Published till 2018: 55
- Nature of Publication: Hard Copy (However, Pdf is uploaded on the website.)
- Periodicity: Annual December/ January depending upon the date of the annual AIETC conference.
- Language: English
- Category: Humanities
- Impact Factor:5.210 (COSMOS) WWW.COSMOSIMPACTFACTOR.COM
- Publisher: Association For English Studies of India Registered Office: 13 Moreshwar Apartments, 173, Shivajinagar, Nagpur, 440010 (MS)
- Editorial Office: Dr C L Khatri, “Anandamath”, New Harnichak, Anisabad, Patna-800002, Bihar.
Editor-in-Chief: Dr Chhote Lal Khatri
Professor of English, T P S College,
Chiraiyantand, Patna- 800002 (Bihar)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Mukesh Ranjan Verma, Professor of English, Gurukula Kangari Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar. Email: email@example.com
- Prof Bhagabat Nayak, Professor and Head Dept of English, Rajiv Gandhi University, Rono Hills, Doimukh, Arunachal Pradesh-791112. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Saryug Yadav, Professor of English, NCERT Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer- 305004, Rajasthan. E-mail: email@example.com
- Dr Urmila Dabir, Principal, Rajkumar Kewalramani Kanya Mahavidyala, Nagpur, (MS). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof P Gopichand, Dept of English, JKC College, Guntur. Email: email@example.com
Not:e Editor-in-Chief is elected for three years in the general election of the AESI held every three years in the Annual Conference. While Editors are nominated by Editor-in-Chief with the consent of the Executive Council of the Association.
Papers presented at AESI (Association for English Studies of India) annual conference are given due consideration, the journal also welcomes outstanding articles/research papers from faculty members, scholars and writers.
Contributors can send the soft copies of their articles, creative writings and book reviews to the Editor-in- Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com followed by hard copies at the editor’s address:Dr C L Khatri “Anandamath”, New Harnichak, Anisabad, Patna- 800002, (Bihar) INDIA.
The editor retains the copyright for republication in e-form or in print but he is obliged to send the contributor a copy of the book/ journal in which it is used by the editor. However, the copyright of that intellectual property remains with the concerned authors who are free to republish them once they are published in the journal. However, they are supposed to inform the editor-in-chief and acknowledge their first publication in IJES.
Authors are requested to strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Compliance to MLA Style Sheet latest edition.
- Paper Size: A4 (margin 1 inch on all four sides).
- Full Title of the paper: Times New Roman, 14, Bold.
- Main body of the paper: Times New Roman, 12, Justified, 1.5 line space.
- Length of the paper: About 3000 to 4000 words including Works Cited.
The paper should be accompanied with:
- An abstract in about 150-200 words along with 5 to 8 keywords
- A declaration that “It is an original research work of the author and has not been published anywhere else or has not been sent for publication anywhere. And that it is free from plagiarism; all external sources in the paper are duly acknowledged and documented.”
- A short bio-note of the contributor(s) indicating name, designation, institutional affiliation and brief career history.
The contact details of the contributor(s) – postal address along with Pin code, mobile number and email address.
All Research Papers/Articles received at the Annual Conference of AESI and those submitted to the Editor-in-Chief directly are sent to the two referees/reviewers for peer-review following a double blind peer review system in which the reviewers and the authors do not know each other.
The Papers and Articles are duly reviewed by the two reviewers and if they are found worth publishing, the message is conveyed to the authors by the editor-in-chief. If it needs correction or modification, the same is conveyed to the concerned authors. In case there is any difference of opinion in views of the two reviewers, the manuscript is sent to the third reviewer for decision and that is final.
The Peer-review process usually takes 2-3 months as we receive a large number of papers and have ample time to go through them minutely. All accepted papers are sent back to the editor-in-chief for publication.
As the journal is funded by the Association and is freely distributed among members in the Conference, it charges “NO FEE” either in the name of processing charge or publication fee. All sale proceeds or subscription go to the the Association's Bank Account which is operated by the elected Treasure of the Association.
The Journal is uploaded on the official website in pdf and is free for all to read and even download.
The Journal is committed to upholding the intellectual property rights and publication ethics as per the guidelines of COPE Committee on Publication Ethics. Authors are encouraged to follow the same ethical practices.
Authors are advised not to infringe the copy rights of other authors, make due acknowledgement and ensure that their papers are free from plagiarism. They are asked to submit an undertaking for the originality of the paper. Their papers are also subjected to duplication-checking software. If a formal complaint is lodged, it is investigated and the author is denied publication in the journal in future. However, the disclaimer is published in the journal stating that the responsibility for data presented, opinion expressed or conclusions reached and plagiarism, if any, is entirely that of the author(s) and the editors/ publisher bear no responsibility for them whatsoever.